Saturday, June 13, 2009

Our current target: The Broken Obelisk

I did not hear back from anyone concerning a problem with the target site. I rather expected that I would.

When I went to visit it before posting the picture. I discovered something very peculiar: I could not find the Obelisk!

Now I admit, some things are harder to perceive in spirit than others, but the Obelisk has had so much attention paid to it by students that for it to not be evident is very unusual. Not quite as unusual as one might suppose, however. I am fairly certain that it actually, physically, in all realities, was not there. I decided to post the location anyway, to see what reactions I got, but I didn’t get any. Now you must understand, I am not a student, and do not live near the U.W., so I can not check up on these things readily. However, I believe the Obelisk must have been moved for some reason. Perhaps I happened to explore the site just before some event that required the Quad to be completely clear. Or perhaps it was on loan to some exhibit. It is, after all, an art piece, and I believe, although I could be wrong, one by an artist who has produced other well received pieces.

Be that as it may, the Obelisk seems to have returned, and I would appreciate feedback. I know there are at least a few North Western Vampires. If one of you is either a student of (or lives close to) the U.W., please let me know if the Obelisk went walk-about.

-V.R.

P.s. Please follow the link on the Blog site, and take a look at the Web site. It isn’t much, but I would like feedback.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP