Sunday, June 14, 2009

RE: Our current target: The Broken Obelisk

In response to Roland; a correction to my reference to a location vanishing  in “all realities”.

 

Heh. No, the entire location did not vanish. The location has an identifying object in it, the “Broken Obelisk”. And you are correct, “in all realities” was misleading. I meant the stack of realities that identifies something as existing in our particular physical time and place. That is to say, I was in my spirit body, and it had not simply vanished from the spirit plane so that I could not see it. For instance, the first time I visited Castle Rock I was expecting it to be completely bare, and that is what I observed. In following visits I became aware there is a man-made object up there. The spirit plane does not always reflect the physical perfectly, especially if a person projects their own pre-conceived notions.

 

Actually, the full story behind the obelisk is rather amusing to me in retrospect. I arrived at the U.W. fairly easily because I had googled the location and knew the way to get there. (That isn’t really necessary, but I have a tendency to over-control some situations. I was treating spirit travel as if it was the same as physical travel. It is not.) I spotted the obelisk, as it was my target object, in the middle of the Quad, also known as “Red Square”. However, as I moved around Red Square, the obelisk moved also! As I looked around me, any time I paused to observe something the obelisk sort of slithered into my view. It followed my attention rather than staying put. It took me a minute to realize it was a projection, and it wasn’t anchoring to the real obelisk the way that it should because the real obelisk wasn’t there! At first I thought I might have gone to the wrong place. There are other “Red Squares” at other campuses. Students have a tendency to nickname any large red-bricked area “Red Square”. I had, in fact, visited another at “The Evergreen State College” (also in Washington State), as a potential site quite some time earlier.  However, this was the correct campus, but the identifying object had been moved. The obelisk is very large and heavy, so I cannot imagine taking it away simply in order to clean it or some such thing as that. I’ll be very interested in finding out what did happen to it though.

 

-V.R.

 

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP